Thursday, October 18, 2012

Swimsover 2012

As has been the case for the past few years, Columbus Day is the unofficial end of summer for us because it is after that three-day weekend that we close the pool. Though the last time I got in for a swim was October 6th -- when water and air temperatures were both in the 70s -- the pool was just closed yesterday because we had to wait for a new cover to be delivered.

Eternal optimist that I am when it comes to the pool, I did hold out hope that I would get in one more swim before the cover went on, but a stretch of very cold nights brought the water temp down to the low 50s and no amount of solar heating was bringing that up to anything above "Yow! That's cold!" (I did stick my feet in on Sunday after doing a variety of yard chores, but that was as far as I got.)

So now we can look forward for First Dunk 2013, about six months away. Or, the way time seems to fly by, in about a week and a half.

1 comment:

  1. Soon, my love, soon we'll be swimming again. Reading poolside. And the always well-attended Bob-B-Ques.

    ReplyDelete